Thursday, October 2, 2014

Eid Series: Molding Chocolate

Hey, Mona here!
Every Eid occasion, I like to mold my own chocolate.  This gives me a chance to have something unique and one-of-a-kind to present to my guests.


Read more to find out how I make my chocolate


Select your preferred chocolate.
Melt the chocolate using the double-boiling method.
Constantly stir the chocolate, making sure that it has a smooth consistency. 
Select your mold of choice, I used these molds
Stir the chocolate every time before filling a mold.
Fill the molds.
Tap the mold against a flat surface to remove any air bubbles.
Scrape the excess of the chocolate back into the pot, like so

Make sure the surface of the mold is clean of any excess chocolate.
Place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
After freezing, tap the mold against a flat surface and the chocolate should fall out.

Maintaining the chocolate:

I make sure to wrap my chocolate with aluminum candy wrappers.
After wrapping each piece individually, the chocolate may start to melt from the heat of your hands.  However, this is not a problem because after the chocolate adjusts to room temperature, it will regain a solid shape within the candy wrapper.
Make sure that after freezing the chocolate, you must keep it at a constant room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment